How Do I Cancel Facebook Account

How Do I Cancel Facebook Account: Deep in the bowels of the Facebook assistance center, you can locate the URL that will permanently remove your Facebook account.

How Do I Cancel Facebook Account


Prior to I show you the link, nonetheless, please check out the following carefully:

Removing your Facebook will certainly delete all of your account info as well as eliminate your capability to login to the service. No photos, friends, messages, condition updates, etc. Inning accordance with Facebook, when your account permanently deletes, there is no way to recover your account or your data. Keeping that in mind, please progress reading all large as well as fine print.

So allow's begin on permanently deleting your account.




You'll be asked to verify. Enter your password as well as resolve the CAPTCHA. Click Okay to continue.




All done, type of.

Ways To Make Sure Facebook Completely Deletes your Account

Even after validating the deletion of your account, Facebook will just deactivate it, leaving you 14 days to log back in as well as terminate the entire deletion. Sigh.




I understand exactly what you're assuming: "Actually? Fourteen days to remove my information?"

I finished the scavenger hunt and discovered the DELETE web link.
I saw the BIG RED TEXT advising me my account would certainly be permanently removed.
I entered my password.
I helped translate a book for GOOGLE by fixing the Captcha challenge.
Last but not least, I clicked the Okay switch
What part of erase my account do not you recognize Facebook? Maybe you thought I was joking? Or drunk? However if that's the case, why the five steps over? Yes, Regis, that's my final response! Delete my account!

I assume it's very obvious by now Facebook does not consider you a customer from a customer service point-of-view. Facebook remains in the data business-- more specifically, your data, and also it will certainly go to excellent lengths to maintain details including your work, institution history, buddies, network, pictures, marked face, and so on. which it managed to accumulate from you for many years in its social web. The 14 day moratorium is Facebook's last-ditch effort to lure you somehow back right into the solution either inadvertently or from some subconscious Facebook dependency in order to abort the account termination procedure.

With this in mind, right here are a few ideas to earn sure you don't "unintentionally" log in to Facebook therefore aborting your account nuke process.

Clear your web browser cache and also erase all cookies-- Firefox/ Net Explorer/ Secure Wipe w/CCleaner
Delete the Facebook Application on your apple iphone (don't worry, it's totally free if you ever wish to include it once again ...).
Avoid clicking the Facebook Share button on any sites you review such as the button below (sorry, couldn't resist ).
5/5/2010 UPDATE: Reader UXP made an asset in his remark below reminding me that Facebook is also utilized by many individuals for single sign on for talking about blog sites or logging into sites (like digg.com for instance.) Various other examples-- Facebook conversation customers like Pidgin or Adium. If you use these services, publish a comment on a blog utilizing Facebook Attach, or log in to a website using your Facebook account throughout your 14-day waiting duration, and also your FB account will be reactivated. Ouch ... that one is going to hurt if your only Creds on DIGG.com or various other sites is your Facebook account.
Now, I cannot make any promises that after all this work (and 2 Week naturally) Facebook will certainly erase your account due to the fact that it's not my company. This is, nonetheless, the procedure that it laid out on its internet site (if you handled to track it down). Good luck; however, you'll require it.