Cancel My Facebook

Cancel My Facebook: Deep in the bowels of the Facebook aid facility, you can locate the LINK that will permanently remove your Facebook account.

Cancel My Facebook


Prior to I show you the link, nonetheless, please review the adhering to carefully:

Erasing your Facebook will certainly remove every one of your account info and also remove your capacity to login to the service. No pictures, good friends, messages, status updates, etc. Inning accordance with Facebook, as soon as your account permanently deletes, there is no chance to recover your account or your information. Keeping that in mind, please progress reading all big and also small print.

So let's begin on completely deleting your profile.




You'll be asked to validate. Type in your password as well as address the CAPTCHA. Click Okay to continue.




All done, kind of.

How to Make Sure Facebook Completely Deletes your Account

Even after verifying the removal of your account, Facebook will just deactivate it, leaving you 2 Week to log back in as well as terminate the entire removal. Sigh.




I know what you're assuming: "Truly? Fourteen days to delete my information?"

I finished the scavenger hunt and found the DELETE web link.
I saw the BIG RED MESSAGE advising me my account would be permanently removed.
I entered my password.
I aided equate a publication for GOOGLE by addressing the Captcha challenge.
Lastly, I clicked the Okay button
What part of erase my account don't you recognize Facebook? Maybe you believed I was joking? Or intoxicated? However if that's the case, why the 5 steps above? Yes, Regis, that's my final answer! Remove my account!

I think it's rather evident now Facebook does not consider you a customer from a customer service point-of-view. Facebook remains in the data organisation-- even more especially, your information, and also it will certainly go to wonderful lengths to keep info including your employment, institution background, buddies, network, pictures, identified face, and so on. which it managed to gather from you over the years in its social internet. The 2 Week moratorium is Facebook's last-ditch effort to draw you in some way back into the service either accidentally or from some subconscious Facebook addiction in order to terminate the account termination process.

With this in mind, here are a few pointers making certain you do not "unintentionally" log in to Facebook therefore aborting your account nuke procedure.

Clear your internet browser cache and also remove all cookies-- Firefox/ Web Traveler/ Secure Wipe w/CCleaner
Erase the Facebook Application on your iPhone (don't worry, it's totally free if you ever wish to include it once again ...).
Prevent clicking the Facebook Share button on any type of sites you read such as the button listed below (sorry, could not withstand ).
5/5/2010 UPDATE: Reader UXP made an asset in his remark below advising me that Facebook is additionally made use of by many individuals for single sign on for commenting on blogs or logging into internet sites (like digg.com for example.) Other instances-- Facebook conversation clients like Pidgin or Adium. If you use these solutions, publish a talk about a blog site using Facebook Connect, or visit to a site using your Facebook account during your 14-day waiting duration, as well as your FB account will be reactivated. Ouch ... that a person is mosting likely to harm if your only Creds on DIGG.com or various other sites is your Facebook account.
Currently, I can not make any kind of assurances that besides this work (and also 2 Week of course) Facebook will certainly remove your account since it's not my business. This is, nonetheless, the procedure that it set out on its internet site (if you took care of to track it down). All the best; regrettably, you'll require it.